Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

Homemade Ice Cream SandwichWith the heat of the summer, many of us are craving ice cream and something we can easily hold instead of scoops in a bowl.  This homemade ice cream sandwich recipe looks like the perfect summer ice cream treat.

I remember my childhood days and playing outside.  Every child in the neighborhood would run for their piggy bank money when we heard the melodious sounds of the ice cream truck.  Fortunately, the ice cream man was wise enough to drive slowly to give us time to collect our coins and get back outside.

My favorite selection was an ice cream sandwich.  Nothing ever tasted better than an ice cream sandwich on a really hot day.  Playing outside was hard work and we needed a cold treat.

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe


I haven't seen an ice cream truck in years, perhaps decades.  I never realized how much I took that ice cream truck for granted.  I sure do miss them!  Even as an adult, I imagine I would run for my piggy bank given the chance.  Since there is no ice cream truck, I need a really delicious alternative.  These homemade ice cream sandwiches might be a little more work, but they are definitely worth it!  Plus, I love the extra chocolate coating that actually reminds me of a Klondike bar, but I also want that cake brownie in my cool treat.

This Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich recipe is a wonderful homemade ice cream recipe made with brownies, ice cream and chocolate chips.   Personally, I look forward to trying different flavors of ice cream with this recipe.  My husband's favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip and I think that would be a fabulous ice cream flavor to use when making these homemade ice cream sandwiches.





Recipe & Image Credit: 

Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe  by Katie Goodman, author of GoodLife Eats Etc.


Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

3 comments:

  1. These look kwonderful. Makes me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum I wish I had a homemade ice cream sandwich right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. A homemade ice cream sandwich sounds wonderful. And with brownies? Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete

“As an Amazon Associate I earn from purchases.” Disclosure Statement

X